Saturday, February 2, 2013

Kamal Haasan’s Delhi fans stand by his film


Kamal Haasan’s Vishwaroop, which has been banned in many states following a religious controversy, opened in Delhi yesterday to a good response from fans. They say this is the time to show solidarity and stand against cultural terrorism. “This film is unlike  those cheap comedies. It seems to have substance. Also,
media coverage has helped me know more about the film,” says Shilpa Abraham, a 27-year-old media professional. “I support Kamal Haasan. It’s unfair to ban someone’s film as so much effort goes into making a film. I’ll show my support by watching Vishwaroop in a theatre,” says Mita Singh, a 23-year-old, who works with an advertising agency.

“Cultural terrorism is growing at a fast pace and if we don’t  stop it now, the situation may go out of hand. I’ll be watching Haasan’s film with all my friends. I’m really looking forward to it,” says Tanvi Aeran, a 21-year -old student. Amardeep Singh, 30, businessman says, “I am planning to watch Vishwaroop this weekend. No one can tell us which movies to watch and which  not to. I think everyone should support Kamal Haasan.” Multiplexes owners, too, say that the response to the opening has been good. “Going by the early feedback, I can say that the film will pick up,” says Shirish Handa of Fun Cinemas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...