Tuesday, January 22, 2013

We have great chemistry, says Deepika on her pairing with Saif


Deepika Padukone is still basking in the success of her last release, Cocktail (2012). The film may not have raked in big money, but it’s won her Best Actor nominations at several awards. Now, she’s gearing up for
Race 2, in which she’s once again paired with Saif Ali Khan after Love Aaj Kal (2009) and Cocktail.

“Either two people have chemistry or they don’t. Thankfully, Saif and I do. I hope that it’s a hat-trick this time. I think we still look like a fresh pair. This time, our chemistry will come out differently because even though our characters talk and like each other, they have motives behind it,” she says.

Deepika admits that she can’t reveal much about Race 2’s storyline, but she’s quick to deny that the movie isn’t being promoted as heavily as the 2008 original.

“The promotional strategy is the producer’s call. We are doing our best. We know we have a good product and in our way, we’re promoting it well,” she says.

Rumours have had it that her lack of presence during the film’s promotions is because of Sanjay Leela Bhansali (he apparently blocked all her dates to shoot for his next film). Deepika refutes this, saying, “Not at all. I was asked to go with the whole cast to Dubai recently and I did. I have time for promotions and I’m doing what I’m asked to.”

Looking back at 2012, Deepika says she had a great year. Most importantly, it taught her to trust her instincts.

She says, “People were against me playing Veronica (her character in Cocktail), but from day one, I had faith in the role. So from now on, I follow my gut when it comes to films and who I want to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...